So, I’m back on an intense exercise program because, after 14 years living in Bangkok, Thailand, and not being able to exercise outside in the extreme heat and humidity as much I would have liked, I’m back in the U.S. for a few months. And I’ve become an exercising fiend.
Along with my usual speed-walking 3-5 miles a day, however, there has to be a good music playlist. If not, I get bored quickly and I stop exercising.
That’s why, in the last couple of weeks, I’ve put together the best playlist for speed-walking or running that I think I’ve had in a while, with songs that get me pumped up and really in the mood to…well, move.
All songs on the list are nothing more than my personal preference, obviously, but they are all tracks that are fabulous for a warm-up, intense speed-walking or running session, and then a short cool down. Songs that get me excited to work out, and keep me working out even when I feel like I can barely move another step.
My usual speed-walking workout is anything from 30 minutes to an hour a day, depending on how far I decide to go, so the playlist runs for just short of an hour. You can shorten it or add to it, depending on how long you speed-walk or run.
The first link on each song is to the YouTube video, so you can listen to the track to see if it works for you. Most tracks are also available to buy on Amazon, and I have added the Amazon links to each one.
You can also download the MP3 files from their YouTube videos, if they are specific live versions I’m speed-walking to.
So here goes.
The Best Playlist for Speedwalking and Running
- 1. Hold On — Clara Blume (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 2. Murder Song (5,4,3,2,1) — Aurora (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 3. Diamonds Are Forever — Conchita Wurst and Shirley Bassey (a live performance only available by downloading MP3 from the YouTube video
- 4. Human – Of Monsters and Men (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 5. Crystals — Of Monsters and Men (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 6. Pride — American Authors (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 7. 1979 — The Smashing Pumpkins (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 8. Army — Ellie Goulding (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 9. White Noise — PRVIS (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 10. Adventure of a Lifetime — Coldplay (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 11. Team (Explicit) — Iggy Azalea (Amazon song link)
- 12. Demons — Imagine Dragons (Amazon song link) (Album link)
- 13. Ich lass für dich das Licht an (live) — Revolverheld feat. Conchita Wurst
- 14. Emphasis — Sleeping At Last (Amazon song link) (Album link)
And let me just tell you, after I’ve worked out to this amazing music playlist, I feel fabulous and ready to take on the world.