HAIM, the American pop rock band made up of the three sisters Haim, just got a massive break. That’s because HAIM is going to be one of the opening acts for Taylor Swift’s The 1989 World Tour this year. How awesome is that?
According to a tweet from Taylor herself yesterday, “HAIM IS JOINING THE 1989 TOUR THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT HAIM IS JOINING THE 1989 TOUR @haimtheband”. Sounds like Taylor might just be as excited as the rest of us.
HAIM, by the way, are amazing. They create some spectacular music, have a boatload of fans, rack up some pretty high views on YouTube, and have done particularly well in the UK, where they have performed at Glastonbury several times, won an NME award, and had a number 1 hit with their album ‘Days are Gone‘.
As for HAIM being the opening act for Taylor Swift, here are the dates you can see them, with more information about the tour and the band and, of course, Taylor herself at Swift’s website:
- East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium : July 10 & July 11
- Washington, DC – Nationals Park : July 13 & July 14
- Chicago, IL – Soldier Field : July 18 & July 19
- Foxborough, MA – Gillette Stadium : July 24 & July 25
- Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center : August 21-22 & August 24-26
- Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena : September 25 & September 26
- St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center : September 28 & September 29
By the way, if you haven’t heard HAIM yet, you are missing an awesome band. Check out their hit single ‘The Wire‘ below. And then, of course, grab tickets for Taylor Swift’s The 1989 World Tour to see them live.