Square Enix has confirmed the release date for NieR: Automata’s Steam patch, and it’s coming sooner than you might think.
July 15th is the Steam patch’s launch date, and it will include a slew of features including borderless video mode, Fidelity FX CAS and HDR support.
Icon textures, UI elements and backdrops have also been updated so they support 4K, and rendered cut scenes will now run in 60 FPS. Hallelujah!
A number of bug fixes are also included in the patch.
These include the mouse cursor disappearing when using a controller, and the problem switching between various display modes — Fullscreen or Borderless to Windowed — among others.
According to Steam, the full fixes in the patch go like this:
- Borderless Video Settings have been implemented.
- AFidelity FX CAS feature has been added
- HDR — The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality have been made
- UI textures (4K) — Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut scenes — The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
Bug fixes include:
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
NieR: Automata’s was released in 2017 as the sequel to the 2010 game Nier.
Even with the numerous technical issues in the game, which the NieR: Automata’s Steam patch should help fix, NieR: Automata’s has still sold over six million copies worldwide.
You can buy the action RPG on Steam, and grab the NieR: Automata‘s Steam patch there too.
- Listen to Sugar & The Hi Lows ‘Jingle Bells’ from Virgin River S5 E11 ending credits – it’s funky and cool - December 1, 2023
- Listen to Wolfmother’s ‘Joker and the Thief’ from The Artful Dodger opening scenes of Ep 1 - November 30, 2023
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation audio books Vol 4 and 5 now out - November 30, 2023