I was late to the Strong Girl Nam Soon party, only watching the comedy drama’s first four episodes yesterday. And now?
Hell, is it really five more days before the next episode premieres.
How much I like this action comedy crime drama also seems to be reflected in the continually increasing ratings for the K-drama in its home country of South Korea, with last night’s Strong Girl Nam Soon, Episode 4 earning the show its highest rating so far.
Those Strong Girl Nam Soon ratings for Episode 4 look like this:
- Nielsen Korea shows another big ratings jump for the Lee Yoo Mi-led drama, with Episode 4 earning 9.76 percent of the audience.
- That rating gave the drama first place on cable TV nationwide in its time slot.
- In Seoul, Episode 4 grabbed an even higher 10.54 percent rating.
- That Seoul rating is a big increase from Episode 3’s 8.95 percent.
Considering the JTBC drama premiered on October 7th with a 4.29 percent rating nationwide, and a 4.82 percent in Seoul, to see it already around the 10 percent mark in both regions in just three additional episodes is nice.
Netflix viewers also appear to be loving this fun drama, as last week’s figures showed it at ##5 on the platform’s Most-Watched Non-English TV Shows list.
This is particularly nice to see as Baek Mi Kung’s excellent scripts, and the wonderful acting by leads Lee Yoo Mi, Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, and Byeon Woo Seok are getting the attention they deserve.
For international viewers, Episode 4 of Strong Girl Nam Soon is now streaming on Netflix in many regions, where you can also watch the drama’s pre-decessor Strong Girl Bong Soon (also excellent but Nam Soon is even better) if you haven’t already.
Watch the 4-minute long Strong Girl Nam Soon clip below if you are late to the party like I was, then grab your party poppers and join the fun.
The K-drama’s next episode will hit JTBC next Saturday, October 21st at 10:30 pm (KST), and will then be streaming on Netflix soon after.
- Cute Meitou “Isekai no Yu” Kaitaku-ki visual intros Yoshizou, Mayudama et al to their anime audience - November 27, 2023
- Yes’ ‘I’ve Seen All Good People’ is song on Fargo S5 Ep1 opening as audience fights - November 22, 2023
- The Witch and the Beast cast adds Youko Hikasa, Junko Minagawa, Hidenobu Kiuchi and others - November 20, 2023