The just released dungeon crawler action RPG Sword of the Necromancer was successfully Kickstarted early last year, with a total of 5,507 backers pledging €201,526 (900% of its goal) to help bring this indie game to life.
This week, along with the game, Spanish developer Grimorio of Games and publisher JanduSoft have just released the Sword of the Necromancer launch trailer and, those who did back the game must be absolutely thrilled.
Sure, Sword of the Necromancer has been slightly delayed from the projected November, 2020 release date.
But, with the indie game finally releasing on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC today, and with the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions coming soon, there is little to complain about.
Especially as the Sword of the Necromancer launch trailer shows off this game to be just as fast-paced, fun and challenging as we all expected it to be.
Plus, it’s visually gorgeous.
How to describe Sword of the Necromancer?
Steam describes the game thus:
What would you do to bring back someone you love?
Sword of the Necromancer is a dungeon-crawler action RPG with Rogue-like elements where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you.
Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help Tama reach the dungeon’s depths in order to gain enough power to bring Koko back from the dead.
Gather a little army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your objective.
Features of the game:
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.
Watch the Sword of the Necromancer launch trailer to get a great idea of how amazing this game looks. Then head off to grab it on your favorite platform.
The indie game is available with full audio in English and Japanese, and subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese
If you’re a PC player like me, the game is currently selling at 10% off on Steam (11,24€) until February 4th. You can also grab the game’s excellent soundtrack over there as well for just 5,12€.
- Seitokai Yakuindomo The Movie 2 Blu-ray on pre-order – like school comedy anime? It’s a good one - June 29, 2022
- The Eminence in Shadow’s Beta and Gamma character video showcases two adorable girls - June 29, 2022
- Nights with a Cat anime trailer showcases the perfect anime for cat lovers - June 29, 2022