The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut is releasing in digital form on August 27th, 2019 on the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, Windows, Mac, and Linux. The PS4 and Xbox One will then get a physical version of the game on September 6th.
But what is even more exciting about The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut is that, due to feedback from when the poorly reviewed and generally disliked dungeon crawling RPG originally launched on PC last year, it will also come with lots of bug fixes, as well as a ton of new content, new enemies, better combat and improved features.
That also means, if you bought the PC version, hated how it played and wished you hadn’t, The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut is likely to make you feel better about that purchase.
Especially as, being the owner of a PC version of the original game already, you will be able to download the Director’s Cut for free.
In a press release about the upcoming game, InXile Entertainment said the Director’s Cut of the game will come with a host of cool new things, including:
- More then 40 hours of gameplay
- A new end-game chapter with many hours of additional content
- New enemies, items, and weapons
- Thousands of fixes and improvements
- Refined and more feature-rich UI
- Infinite class/gender character creation options
- Re-balanced combat and encounters
- Full gamepad support across all platforms
- Additional difficulty settings
Check out the trailer below to see what to expect from The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut when it launches. But let’s just say, it’s looking like a massive improvement from last year’s The Bard’s Tale: Barrow’s Deep already.
You can read more about the game, as well as pre-order it, from InXile Entertainment’s website.
- Crash Course in Romance’s ending theme song is my addiction – ‘Gypsophila’ by Lee Ju Hyuk is the prettiest thing - February 6, 2023
- Infinite’s Lee Sung Yeol and Kim Myung Soo starring in Accounting Firm drama – first time band mates act together - February 6, 2023
- Masa Takumi’s wins Grammy for Sakura – first Japanese musician to win Best Global Music Album category - February 6, 2023