The first-person indie horror adventure game The Cursed Forest Remake was released last month in a completely new version, after a variety of versions have been available over the last couple of years.
Originally available on IndieDB, the game became so popular, the Russian game developer Andrey KPy3O Suhachev joined up with Noostyche — a small indie development team — to remake the game so that it looked as good as it played.
The Cursed Forest Remake, with its gorgeously enhanced graphics, updated storyline and many more thrills and scares is the result. A game that is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam, with most players saying how impressed they were with the professional look and feel of the game, considering such a small indie team created it.
If like me, however, you are not good at playing horror games yourself (they scare the bejeezus out of me!), you can check out this gorgeous game via a The Cursed Forest Remake walkthrough series on YouTube.
CJUGames’ The Cursed Forest Remake
The best I found was created by British YouTube gamer CJUGames, who specializes in horror games’ walkthroughs.
His style of walkthrough is laidback, relaxed and calm. He is also an excellent speaker and sight reader, which comes in very useful in The Cursed Forest Remake walkthrough, as there are so many letters to read. And he really gets into the games he plays.
CJUGames usually records his first playthrough of a game as well, so you get to experience his genuine first reaction to a game. He also shows everything the game has to offer as he goes.
These are some of the reasons why CJUGames’ The Cursed Forest Remake walkthrough is the one I recommend, as I have just sat glued to his first three videos (almost two hours of gameplay), and am now desperate to watch his remaining last two.
Especially as he has died in the game so far a lot more than I would have expected.
Watch the first video in CJUGames’ The Cursed Forest Remake below to see what I mean. You will find the other videos he has currently uploaded on his YouTube playlist.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for The Cursed Forest Remake:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 6100 / AMD FX 8350
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GTX 660 2 Gb / Radeon 7850 2 Gb
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
Latest posts by Michelle Topham (see all)
- Conchita’s ‘Rise Like a Phoenix’ live at Pop Meets Opera, Eurovision 2015 – Conchita WURST’s Top 40 Best Live Performances (#31) - August 22, 2019
- Gabriel DropOut opening song ‘Gabriel Dropkick’ is as hilarious and crazy as the anime series - August 21, 2019
- Declan McKenna’s ‘British Bombs’ calls out hypocrisy of British arms trade and apathy of British public - August 21, 2019