Who are the 6 Spanish singers competing to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017?
Over the weekend, the Spanish national broadcaster TVE released the names of the six Spanish contestants who will compete to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. The Spanish final will be held sometime in February,
The six candidates, four women and two men, are:
- Paula Rojo – Lo que nunca fue
- Mirela – Contigo
- Maika Barbero – Momento critico
- Mario Jefferson –Spin my head
- Manel Navarro – Do it for your lover
- LeKlein – Ouch
Five of the six were internally selected by TVE. LeKlein was selected by the public, which probably explains why she is the only ‘less usual’ one.
You can listen to the songs they hope will cause them to be chosen the winner on TVE’s website.
But, while it would be awesome to see Spain finally win again (their last win was in 1969), I honestly don’t see it happening with any of these six songs.
Mirela’s ‘Contigo‘ and LeKlein’s ‘Ouch‘ are about the best but, seeing as how they are the best of a not very good bunch, I don’t think it is going to really matter much.
Sad, as I always want Spain to do well. And, of course, you may think differently.
- Listen to Tyler Childers’ ‘Born Again’ from Yellowstone, Season 3, Episode 7, “The Beating” - August 4, 2020
- Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 3 releasing — check out cute key visual and teaser trailer - August 3, 2020
- Listen to Sturgill Simpson’s ‘Turtles All The Way Down’ from Yellowstone, Season 3, Episode 7 - August 3, 2020