Sleeping At Last continued his massively successful career providing music for hit TV shows with his cover of ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)‘ on the soundtrack of Grey’s Anatomy this week — Grey’s Anatomy, Season 18, Episode 8, “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear“.
The song was played during the opening montage as people are wrapping gifts, and Meredith is talking about surgery.
Sleeping At Last’s ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)‘ was released in 2017 on the songwriter and singer’s fourth Christmas music album Christmas Collection, Volume One.
The song was an album of cover songs, but all sung in Sleeping at Last’s signature style.
And here are a couple of facts you may not know about the now iconic song:
- ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)‘, of course, was originally released in 1963 by Darlene Love.
- Since then, it has been re-released by luminaries like Mariah Carey, Death Cab for Cutie, Melissa Etheridge, Jon Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Idina Menzel and Joey Ramone.
- But it was Darlene Love’s original release of the song that was named Rolling Stone’s top song on their The Greatest Rock and Roll Christmas Songs list.
Listen to Sleeping at Last’s version of ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)‘ on the video below, and on his Christmas Collection, Volume One album.
And do listen to the rest of the album as well, as it really is a superb Christmas release.
- Listen to Big Freedia’s ‘Chasing Rainbows’ feat. Kesha from And Just Like That, Ep. 8 - January 21, 2022
- Charlie Puth’s ‘Light Switch’ is catchy, cool and its music video got me off my ass — Watch! - January 21, 2022
- New To Your Eternity Season 2 visual is so beautiful, I would frame it — Look!! - January 20, 2022