Jamaican singer songwriter Lady Saw’s ‘Strip Tease‘ was featured on the new Starz series Power Book II: Ghost this week — Power Book II, Ghost, Season 1, Episode 1, “The Stranger“.
The track was played during the scene in the strip club.
Lady Saw’s ‘Strip Tease‘ is the title track of the singer’s 2004 fifth studio album — a Dancehall, reggae album that, along with the title track, also featured a number of other sexually explicit songs.
Formerly known as Lady Saw, but performing under her real name Marion Hall in the last few years, the singer has been successful in the music business for well over 30 years.
She has been releasing Dancehall, reggae, soul and R&B music since Lady Saw signed her first major record deal in 1987. Her long-time career eventually led to the release of her hit song ‘Underneath It All‘, in collaboration with American band No Doubt.
That track earned both of them a Grammy Award for Best Performance By a Duo or Group.
- Jacob Banks’ awesome track ‘Monster‘ showed up on the first episode of Power Book II: Ghost — listen
- Naughty by Nature’s ‘Feel Me Flow‘ one of the cool songs on Power Book II: Ghost this week
From late 2015, however, Hall has released only gospel music under her own name since her conversion to Christianity that year.
She has recorded a total of 10 studio albums and a multitude of singles in her 30-year career, the last two being gospel music albums.
Listen to Lady Saw’s ‘Strip Tease’ as featured on Power Book II: Ghost in the video below.
- Junji Ito wins 2 Eisner Awards for Remina and Venus in the Blind Spot manga for his second and third wins - July 25, 2021
- Listen to Marianne Faithfull’s ‘This Little Bird’ from The Last Letter from Your Lover - July 24, 2021
- Listen to Haim’s ‘Cherry Flavored Stomach Ache’ from The Last Letter from Your Lover - July 24, 2021